Writing, Reading, and Smiling . . . It's Contagious.


Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Cool Sunday Morning


What do I write about on this cool Sunday morning since you have taken no notice of me?  I could tell you about the tinkling of raindrops against the window panes or let you feel the chill that seeps between my calloused fingers.  I might remark on my sleepless nights or ignore you as I watch the juncos fight over cracked corn. 

Would you like me to share with you the bundle of private letters that I read?  If you're not too busy, I could come over and read a poem aloud to you that made me want to cry.

Hush.  Did you hear it?  Did you hear it? 

Perhaps I will slip a photo of my Christmas tree into a yellowed card and imagine that you care.



*** 
All kidding aside (never take yourself or anyone else that seriously), I want to encourage you to read the "bundle of private letters" that I mentioned.  It's a preview of Levi Montgomery's forthcoming novel, Jillian's Gold.  I was up until 1 a.m. reading it, and it was one of the best late-night reads I've encountered in a long time.


If you like poetry as much a I do, check out Winslow Eliot's "Remembering," that was posted today.



***

As always, I love to hear from you. If you’re in the cyber-neighbourhood, drop me a line. In the meantime, keep writing, reading, and smiling. It’s contagious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment