Writing, Reading, and Smiling . . . It's Contagious.


Sunday, July 11, 2010

Just Another Ledgewalker


I almost didn't write this blog post today.

I almost decided never to write again.

Writing has been number one in my life for the past two years but rather than giving it up, I'm assigning it a third, perhaps fourth, rank of importance. 

While the reason for such a decision is unimportant, I think the "ledge" I was on made me realize that nothing in our lives should make us give up our dreams. Conversely, our dreams should never be so consuming or important that they make us lose sight of reality. 


How am I coping? I'm not going to "jump" but I'm not going to go back through the window, either. I'm going to plant both feet firmly on the carpet and gaze up at the stars. Dreaming is for the man on the moon. 

Happy dreaming, happy writing, and happy living

***
I want to thank two very important friends of mine who helped me get through this week. Without your encouragement, I would not have been writing this afternoon. 
*** 

As always, I love to hear from you.
If you’re in the cyber-neighborhood, drop me a line.
 
In the meantime, keep writing, reading, and smiling.
It’s contagious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment