Writing, Reading, and Smiling . . . It's Contagious.


Sunday, February 28, 2010

Seanachaí’s News


On the last Sunday of each month, I compile "Seanachaí's News," a status report that assesses my work during the current month and also formulates my plans for the upcoming months. It will also give you a peek at my works in progress.


My Work During the Current Month

  1. "An Ode to Slacking" is a short work of dark, poetic prose written in the epistolary format and is addressed to you, the reader.
  2. "Watch, Listen, and Dream" details my hopeful outlook on writing a new piece of fiction. It may inspire you, too.
  3. "Snowflakes on the Pond" is a direct result of my determination to write in "Watch, Listen, and Dream." When reading this short-short, the reader will experience the protagonist's poignant memories and unpromising future. If you don't read the previous two articles, I do hope you'll take the time to glance at this one. This work was a result of sweat, intense emotion, and that dark place we've all visited (whether we want to admit it or not).

My Plans for the Upcoming Months
  1. The reformatting of Dead Bird in the Weeds (look for a new cover on this title) is complete and Haunted Voices from My Past: True Narratives of an Ohio Family will be completed in the next couple of days. They will be rereleased together with E. Michaels' Turtles and Shells and Things (also completed) and The Mysterious House (should be completed in the next couple of weeks).
*** 
 
As always, I love to hear from you. If you’re in the cyber-neighborhood, drop me a line.
 
In the meantime, keep writing, reading, and smiling.
It’s contagious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment