On the last Sunday of each month, I compile "Seanachaí's News," a status report that assesses my work during the current month and also formulates my plans for the upcoming months. It will also give you a peek at my works in progress.
My Work During the Current Month
- For those of you who enjoyed reading about my rebellious grandfather in Haunted Voices from My Past: True Narratives of an Ohio Family, be sure to check out my latest work of nonfiction about one of his war experiences in "A Tribute to Ace, Part II." If you watched Jaws this weekend, this story is for you.
- "A Cool Sunday Morning" is a short work of poetic prose that looks at a wandering spirit's life a little too seriously (I often like to poke fun of my fabricated melancholy). This piece also incorporates links to two other authors' works that you should read.
- Are you a writer? If you're looking for ways to promote your book, you may be surprised by the "Eight Myths of Book Promotion."
- E. Michaels' new book, Turtles and Shells and Things is now available. I was tech support on this title, and I must say that my colleague's latest book is a great way to encourage self-confidence in younger readers. This first title in The Feel Good Series is about a little green snapping turtle named Timmy. It has a story to read and color, activities to complete, and games to play.
My Plans for the Upcoming Months
- I'm currently assisting my friend and colleague, E. Michaels, with Little Duck Gets Ready for School, the second title in The Feel Good Series.
- For my own upcoming project, I'm currently "writing in my head." This means that I'm constructing a pre-outline and formulating plans that will soon be written. Why all the mystery and preplanning? I'm attempting to devise a new form of storytelling and the plans are gelling slowly but purposefully.
THANK YOU, everyone, for ordering my books this holiday season! Without readers, my work would be lying in a ditch, delirious and without purpose (not unlike the unfortunate Edgar Allan Poe's final days).
Also, if you're looking for gifts UNDER $10, Haunted Voices from My Past, The Mysterious House, and Turtles and Shells and Things are on discount through the end of the year at Sunflower Footsteps. You can also save $2 on Dead Bird in the Weeds. Visit the website for the online coupon code that's on the home page. Don't forget that you can read excerpts of these titles!
For more information on Sunflower Footsteps, authors, and titles, visit:
As always, I love to hear from you. If you’re in the cyber-neighbourhood, drop me a line. In the meantime, keep writing, reading, and smiling. It’s contagious.